A Strict Household

Will Amari 

3/5/13

Silver

This is a podcast about a man born under a strict environment, and how he managed to stand up to his father. Despite his fathers expectations of him becoming a doctor, he realized he wanted to become something different, forcing him to stand up for himself, and follow his heart. 

Crossing Boundaries Reflection

At first I was a little worried. I didn’t think I knew anyone who had ever crossed a boundary with anyone or anything, no one close to me seemed to have an interesting life. I thought about making some story up. Literally— I could had just pretended that my sister was some skanky alcoholic, say that she crossed the boundaries of innocence, recorded it all in fifteen minutes, then call it a day. This was before I realized that someone close to me, did have an interesting life, did cross boundaries, and he lived right under the same roof as me. I’m talking about my dad. 

I’m glad I interviewed my dad because he had an interesting relationship with his father, also he told the story so well and he very so specific. I loved all the detail and actually learned a lot about him, that I didn’t know before. He also didn’t get emotional, and I’m happy about that. It would had been uncomfortable to see my dad cry. 

Audacity is not my favorite, and I had some trouble uploading it. I had to wait until I was back in school to have some one show me how they did it. It was very hard to control the volume especially if you had music and dialogue playing at the same time. Not to mention how frustrating and time consuming it was to move all the recordings around. All the tracks looked the same, it would had been better if they were color coated, but whatever, it was fine over all. It got the job done. 

I was surprised how much everyone liked my podcast, no one seemed to have any real complaints. They seemed pretty entertained by my dad, which is weird, because I don’t see how you could relate to some old white man in his fifties. Also my dad talks about being an artist a lot. (I don’t see this class as a very artistically interested stream.) I which my music could fade better but my effect amplifier was weird and difficult to use. Next time (If there is a next time) I’m defiantly using I movie. Honestly, this project was kind of stressful, I’d rather just right a ten page essay (yes I said ten) on telling my fathers story, instead of making a pod cast. 

JerryInterview#2