Allison Patterson - Immigration project

• What surprised you most about this information?  What seemed quite obvious about explaining this data set?
I felt like it was obvious that the times when there was a lack of immigration were caused by a bad situation in America. It's understandable for people not to want to come to a country during a war or depression. No one will willing put themselves in that position. However I did find it surprising that people left there counties in times of hardship. Not exactly surprising but confusing because as Americans we are going through a rough time economically and we are not abandoning our country.  I think it shows a lack of pride and faith if you leave the minute things get hard.
  • Looking at the overall trend and incorporating what you know about the US presently, predict and defend the immigration trend for the next two decades.
I think we will see a significant drop in immigration because we are having economical problems so no one wants come here. Also, we are trying to keep illegal immigration under control and because the immigration process is so hard no one will want to here legally. So, we will see a lack of immigration.  
  • Describe how you made a decision on how to visually represent the information.
We tried a few other sites but Prezis just seemed easy and fun. I liked how we could have the screen turn and read the words or pictures. 
  • What parts of group work were challenging?
It was hard making sure everyone did their work and agreed. Manna and I are both strong group leaders. When we work together our projects are always quite good however, determining the way to present them can be challenging. 
  • What would you do differently if you had this project to do over?
I really like my project. I would like more info but I also don't want to much so that it's all info. I think where the project is now looks good.

Bernicia Guercio (Student 2013)
Bernicia Guercio

Prezi is such a cool website. You used it well I like how the letters gave the visual of the amount of people and how the picture told the history. It was very visual and told a good amount of history. In most of the pictures I knew the history behind them, although in some of the pictures I didn't know what they were showing so some captions here or there would help. It was very interesting and I can tell you and manna put effort into creating it, good job!