Blog#2 Legalization of Marijuana

For the past week I have proceeded in researching more on my topic about the legalization of marijuana. New information I have found include current event articles as well as some done in the previous years.

To add onto my research I've been doing some searching for contacts of authors from opinionated articles that include a quote from president Richard Nixon. "Neither the marihuana (sic) user not the drug itself can be said to constitute a danger to public safety." In this President Nixon states his opinion on the drug problem of 1972. Also I have found that there was in fact another actual study by UCLA's Dr. Donald.

When constructing my own research I've found that age can account for the type of results I've received. It seems as though the older age group negate the possibility of legalization while the young adults and teens seem to think there wise. Although my research hasn't been through survey but many personal relations I feel as though the answer you'd get is dependent on the age of the questioned.

For further research in my topic I would maybe like to get more opinions from that of a person in the government that might be in a position of economic and law field. But in my opinion I feel as though this topic has much relevance to myself. In low class neighborhoods dealing with drugs is a major trend. Marijuana being one of the top sellers dealers sell today because of the income it brings. Both young and old deal with the drug the younger citizens seem to face hard penalties, turning that one time convict into a harden criminal because of the harsh treatments in jail. Here is my bibliography.

Blog 1.