Crossing Boundaries - Sam Olshin

Intro:
Hi, I’m Molly Olshin and i’m here with my dad, Sam Olshin, i’m interviewing him about the time he crossed a difficult boundary, that a lot of people have to go through. What do you do when your parents encourage you to go down a certain career path, when you know in your heart you want to do something else? I decided to talk to my dad about this topic because of his life changing experience he had, becasue he knows what to do in this kind of situation.

When your parents enforce something you do not want to do it can get compliacted. In my dad, Sam Olshin’s case, he was really interested in art and design as a carrer, but his parents really wanted him to become a doctor, like the rest of his family. He talks about the complications he had choseing between his parents choice or his heart disere.

Interview- Dad

During this project, i learned a lot. I learned to be really careful with applications like garage band, aduacity etc. You never really know what what could happen with the progress that you’ve made. I had to redo my interview a few times, and had a lot of trouble editing. I also learned to wait last minute for any project becuase it takes patience to edit auto to make it perfect. I learn a lot about crossing boundries: Do what makes you happy, espically if the discision is going to effect your future. I did not know that much about my dad’s school life until this interview, so I learned new things about my dad. While interviewing my dad, i came across a few obsticles; not only my audio deleting, but also background noise and not being able to edit my audio easily. Giving yourself enough time to work is always extremly important. You do not want to feel rushed, becuase you want to be careful. Overall, I learn a lot doing this assignment in multiple topics.