Element Project- Zinc

​I really enjoyed this project. It was interesting to be able to combine art with science, and it was also fun because there were so many different kinds of art involved in this project. I learned a lot about zinc. My sketch was based off of something called philosophers wool, which is the name for zinc that has been melted down and reformed, this is because whrn the zinc is set on fire, the fire appears green and purple. The five core values at SLA can be very easily shown in this project:

Inquiry- I asked questions like, What are some interesting facts about Zinc? How can I show Zinc in an interesting way?

Research- I researched zinc in order to gain a good understanding of what it is, how it was discovered, what it does and why it is important. Then I found interesting and fun facts about zinc.

Collaboration- I collaborated with my classmates in multiple ways. First of all, we helped each other to come up with ideas for out sketches. Then we worked together to help out people that were struggling with the linoleum block carving. Finally we helped each other to figure out how to properly matt the sketch on the construction paper. 

Presentation- Presentation is here on SLATE. The sketches are being presented to one another through the blog post where everyone can see the sketches. 

Reflection- I learned a lot throughout this project. I found it to be a great way to combine art and science. I feel that I did a good job on the project, if I was going to change something, I would carve the features deeper on the linoleum block next time so that the print appears better.