Final Perspective Drawing

a. What is one thing that your learned specifically that you did not know before?
One thing I learned before that I did not know now is how to use an orthogonal coming from the vanishing point. I thought perspective drawing was accurate and really easy in beginning, with no measurements involved. It turns out though, that you need practice.

b. How did learning this thing make your drawings better?

It made my drawing better because I was able to put my walls in perspective with my stools and tables. I was able to make them look like they were proportionate. Without learning about orthogonals, my whole drawing would look unrealistic.

c. If you did this assignment again, what would you do differently?

If I was to do this drawing again, I think I would manage my time more efficiently. I was on task during most periods, but some periods I only got one thing done. I would also be more accurate with my measurements because there were many times where I didn't measure properly, and my drawing didn't look right.

d. What is your advice to someone who has never drawn a one point perspective drawing before?

My advice would be, use measurements no matter what, and don't just "eyeball" because your eyes will make mistakes. Also, make sure you know how to use the terms orthogonal, parallel, and vertical lines. Measuring is very important in perspective drawing.

e. What resource helped you the most and why?

The resource that  helped me the most was the powerpoint on this project. I would have been lost otherwise if I didn't have the powerpoint to get me started. I made a lot of mistakes in the beginning, and if it wasn't for the powerpoint, then I would have made even more dramatic mistakes.
photo
photo