Macbeth Benchmark Creative

My project is a representation of Lady Macbeth's character change. It takes you through the color of her feelings and how they changed. I sculpted the letters "I", "We" and "Me". The letter "I" was sculpted in the color red, that represented the power that she wanted for herself. The "We" was in the color purple, this represented her passion, the passion she felt for Macbeth and her trying to get through everything together. The "Me" was in black which stood for desperation, the desperation she felt inside herself to get away from from everything. Which only ended in her committing suicide which in my opinion is a selfish thing to do. The letters when put together are ment to make a circle. The circle represents how her character took a 360 degree turn, she went from just thinking about herself and what she wanted, to thinking about herself but also Macbeth, the final stage in the book she was once again selfish and only thought about how she could no longer deal with the pain she was feeling. I then put the quotesI picked into the letters according to what part of Lady Macbeth's character they were said by.
 I chose to do this for my creative portion of this project because I think it gave a very exact visual of what I tried to say in my thesis. As you can see this wasn't the best circle. This was a pretty big difficulty that I had. For this project I used modle magic, this might be a good material for somethings but I set it out for two days and it didn't dry so getting it to keep the form of a circle during transport was near imposible. Overall I think I am most proud of the idea I came up with. I am not a very creative person and to think of something like this and to execute it with such precision was a accomplishment for me. I think if I was able to do it again I would try harder to make a circle out of the letters. I think currently it just looks like a weird square. While doing this I think I learned more about myself. While looking at others work I saw that many people interpreted the story in different ways, not just between Lady Macbeth and Macbeth but also how their characters acted through out the book. I think I learned that I might be a bit more creative then I thought, maybe not through my execution but I think more creatively then I thought I did. I really enjoyed doing this project and I hope you enjoy mine as well. 

Macbeth Creative
Macbeth Creative