Negative Space Art Piece

What is negative space? 
Negative space are areas in your drawings that are not the drawing itself. It is basically the spaces that are excluded by the structure of the drawings. 

Explain how you find the negative space in your cut out and your stool drawing. 

In my cut out I find the negative space by cutting out the template and then imagine the parts that is not needed in the cut out. Basically you just separate the black and gray parts of the template. In the stool drawing, I first draw the whole picture and then erase the lines that intersects to make a silhouette. The areas that are not within the lines of my drawing is the negative space.

Why does it help an artist to see in negative space? 
The artist will see the outer structure of the drawing they made and enhance their skills by making the objects that draw more proportional and more realistic. The negative space also give the artist a sense of how much empty space is in his or her the actual drawing. 

Does seeing in negative space enhance drawings?
Knowing the negative space in your drawings enhance your drawings' angle (is there too much empty space does it look awkward?) and also their structure (is the stool's legs straight?).

Photo0261
Photo0261
002
002