Q1 Benchmark, Push

Q1 Reflection

I wanted to get into the book and allow myself to know how Precious felt. What the thought that were going in her head. To know why each tear was being shed. I wanted to bring each sentence alive, and have her story told in many more ways than it already has been.
I made a quick movie that shows, significant part of Precious life. I chose certain clips in the movie, because I thought the clips best describe what Precious went through and, also to let other victims know they are not alone. I created the movie, so people can be aware that there victims out here that need help and guidance.

I never intended the video to be so powerful, I wanted it to be like a therapy session. I used commonly ask question that people had about the book, which the therapist asked. Following that I had actors play the different role, in Precious life. Each actor playing and saying the role, as it is played in Precious’ own thoughts.

The mind set I want my viewers to walk away with is that, they’re people out here that have gone through the same thing as Precious. People who have done them wrong, causing them to be victims. Not only has Precious Jones been a victim of Abuse. But maybe someone else has been.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19456607/My%20First%20Project%20-%20Medium.m4v