QUARTER 1 ART (E2)- Julian Makarechi

My name is Julian Makarechi, a junior at Science Leadership Academy. This quarter I have decided to further my art knowledge by taking Ms. Hull's advanced art class for the second year in a row. In her class i am allowed a lot of freedom is what I create. So, I decided to create three major pieces. Each piece of art has multiple steps. The first piece I did was too create four collages. For the first three collages I decided to put together a flag of my favorite sports team colors by using pictures of my favorite players on those teams. For my last one, i decided to be very abstract. I went through many sports magazines and cut out many things that I liked and put them all together in a unique way. The second piece I did was four different sketches of a character. I decided to use Patrick from Spongebob. First I sketched him out with pencil, then with a sharpie, then with colored pencils and finally with both sharpies and colored pencils.  For my third and final piece I decided to do research on my favorite artist and attempt to copy on of his or hers masterpieces. My favorite artist is Pablo Picasso so I gave a short biography of him and then tried copy his painting of his very own self portrait. 

Here is the link to all my sketches and collages: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjMpjVpA

Shown below are all my pieces of art this quarter and my biography of Pablo Picasso:

Pablo Picasso was born in Malaga, Spain on April 8, 1881. Pablo grew up in a home full of art. His father worked at a Fine Art school and was a curator. This inspired Pablo to go to the Academy of Arts in Madrid. Later, in 1901 he went to Paris to do experiments on new and never seen styles. Picasso started trying at some many different art forms, from Cubism all the way to Surrealism and was known for being a pioneer in in the 20th century. He met his wife, Olga Khokhlova, at a Russian ballet in Roma. They also had a child named Paolo, however they ended up separating in 1935. Picasso believed in peace and he expressed that in 1937 with one of his first masterpieces named Guernica. He painted just after Germany  bombed a city in Spain. Pablo Picasso continued to make political paintings and made a living off some of them. He was definitely one the most known and best artist of the 20th century. Picasso had the ability to relate to so many different cultures. While living in France, he went to a dinner party. That night he died and left behind a huge legacy.