Science&Society Q2 BM

​RECIPE/ANALYSIS

Collard Greens

-4 Bundles

-Wash/Wipe Down

-Boil Water with meat of your choice to flavor the water

-Cut the ends off the greens

-Bunch a small portion of the greens and roll to begin to cut

-After cutting throw greens in a pot to rinse after done cutting

-Throw the greens in the water that you boiled with meat of your choice

-Let boil

-Begin putting all your different seasonings in that you like

-Should be ready in about an hour or so

Fried Chicken

-Rinse chicken

-Season the chicken with all the different types of seasoning you like

-Begin to let the oil get hot meaning put the oil in a pan and turn the stove on

-Put the chicken in some flour

-Throw the chicken in a pan and it will begin to fry

Analysis

Fried Chicken and Collard Greens is like a traditional thing for my family. Every big event we have at my house or with any of my family, we have to have some chicken and collard greens. Fried chicken was the first thing I learned to cook so I decided to make some chicken. I dont know exactly like all the different proteins and stuff it has in it but I do know it taste good. The meal doesnt cost much it's up to you how you spend your money and what you decide to get. The chicken cost me about $9 and the collard greens cost me about $3. So its not much to it.

SELF REFLECTION

My role in the larger food system is to eat what I think taste good to a certain extinct. What I kind of mean by that is eating the food that I grew up with. I don’t really try nothing new all the time because its not the stuff that my mom cooked or had me eating. I came from a household of 7 so we always had home cooked meals and a lot of food. So I don’t really know too many different kind of foods unless I try it or someone suggest it to me. I’m not going to lie, I eat a lot of sugary and fat foods but that’s because I have a fast metabolism so I don’t really gain any weight. This pass year I been trying to watch what I eat because if I keep eating at the rate I’m going the weight will begin to catch up to me and then I maybe will have a higher chance of diabetes and that’s not what I want. I stopped drinking juice and soda. I stopped drinking soda for 9 months now and stopped drinking juice for a week now. So I can definitely say my food system has changed over the years. I don’t think there is a big problem with the food systems. I think that because there are a lot of different choices of food to eat, healthy, not healthy, its your choice so I don’t think it’s a problem with the food system because there is plenty of healthy food out there for people to get and eat but they choose not too so I think that is their problem honestly. It’s their choice whether they want to eat fast food everyday or a salad everyday so therefore I believe you cant blame the food system for that. I am going to try and watch the things I eat and I think I will get a good impact from it.