Sugrue, Anna LucidCharts VerizonFiOS

1. Where does the internet come into your home?
-The internet comes into my home via a Verizon cable that is connected to the cloud.
2. What is your ISP?
-My internet service provider is Verizon.
3. How much does your connection cost per month?
-My internet connection costs $41.99 a month.
4. What is on your home network?
-On my home network I have three laptops, two iphones and an ipad.
5.How are these things connected to the network?
  -These things are connected to the network wirelessly.

My internet connection starts in the "cloud" or the interent at large. The internet is wired into my house using a cable cord supplied by Verizon FiOS. The cable connects to the modem, which transfers the signal to the wireless router by an ethernet cable. The wireless router sends a wireless signal, creating our password protected home network "stonegables" which connects my laptop, my brothers laptop, my dad's laptop, two iphones and an ipad. 

From this assignment I learned that when the interent isn't working the problem could be in the modem and not the router where I normally look. I also realized that the internet is plugged into almost every home in the world and still keeps working and running and connecting people all over the world. From this assignment I now fully understand the full complexity of the internet and how amazing the technology in this day and age is.

I would tell other people that keeping up a home network is not as complicated as it seems. Your home network is centralized in your router and you should look in to all the fun appliances you can connect in order to fully utilize your internet service. I would also tell them to always have a password protected  network so that your personal information isn't accesible by other people near by. 

SugrueAnnaLucidChartHomeNetwork