Super Mario Timeline

Pauline & Tyler

This is just part of our project. 
Tyler have the rest. 

Pauline Garcia (Student 2013)
Pauline Garcia

@csmith As you can see in the video, the first Mario game was made in the year 1985. September 13, 1985. But in Donkey Kong, it was at July 9, 1981. Mario changed not only storyline wise but also character appearance wise. Since the creator of Mario noticed that people loves the game, he decided to make more Mario games. It doesn't even have to be all about Mario. There are games where other characters are playable. Just like Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong, and Wario. For appearance, Mario's artist added more details in him because as the year pass, the technology is also getting better. It would be awkward having the same Mario since 1988, right?

@kclark Pauline, Mario's ex girlfriend first came out at the very beginning of the Mario games. She was the damsel in distress in Donkey Kong. She was being held by Donkey Kong while Mario fights his way to get to her. She's not in the game anymore because she's like a chapter in Donkey Kong only and Mario moved on to another world where he found Princess Peach. So let's just say Mario is a lil playa.

@mutzig You and Chelsea kind of asked the same question xD

@mdonzo If you weren't listening to me at the beginning of my presentation, I said that I picked Mario Brothers for my project because it's has been a lot of children's childhood game for year. As a kid I grew up playing Mario games and it never failed to make me happy. Because of all of those, I was curious on what's all about Mario and his games. That's why I picked it for my project. I mean even now, there are more mario games being released. For example, nintendo have this new console that they are going to launch called WiiU its like a wii except that there's a touch screen in the controller. There will be a new mario game specially for WiiU.

@khood The game was most successful was Mario in the year July 9 of 1981. It sold 450.2122 million copies of the game.

@lnhan It's kind of like what I told @mdonzo, I dont think it will ever die because Mario is a save and fun friendly game for everyone. As new consoles comes out like the WiiU, there will always be new Mario game that comes along with it. Right now, Mario games are still improving storyline wise and character wise.

@skuznetsov The first Mario comes out in September 13, 1985 and Luigi wasn't even known back then. It was just about Mario. However, he made his appearance in the series of Mario Bros. And as sad as it may sound, Luigi was only made because the game director wanted to have a second character to use for game experience, for short, they wanted a second player option.

@cnardone Luigi being Mario's shadow and little brother, he' also a carpenter like his older brother. Well, maybe I mean there are a lot of option but I do think some people might get angry because Mario has been around for decades and it will be a little out there when his character change.

Catherine Nardone (Student 2013)
Catherine Nardone

Soo… If Mario's a carpenter or plumber or whatever… What's Luigi? (Just want to point out, they call Louis Tomlinson from One Direction "Luigi" sometimes. Just sayen.) Do you think that they'll ever come out with new characters for Mario? Like, say… Niall the guitarist, Louis the Carrot King? Just to name a few and anger a bunch of people. Haha:)

Khalil Clark (Student 2013)
Khalil Clark

I never heard of Pauline when I played any of the Mario Bros. games? Beings though I missed the first few minutes of your presentation, can you explain when she came about, and why she is not in any of the games anymore?