The Diary Of A Shrew

The book “Taming of the shrew” shows a mans perspective on how to  train his women to obey him. In the movie “Diary of a mad black women”, also indeps the idea of how a women should be tamed. The “Shrew” Petruchio married Katherine a young girl who was almost forced

into it. Katherine attitude was no where near the greatest and she was just this mean hopeless

girl. She had a sister who was younger then her who wanted to get married. Because

her father would not accept the youngest to get married before the older, Katherine

had to get married. Inside “Diary of a mad black women” the main character is going threw a

tough divors. The moving guy and her falls in mad love. He calls her this bitter black women

and if kinda makes her more angry. Her character and Katherine has the same personality in a way. Both has this hate and angry for something. Katherine’s is not known why, but brend's is.

"She is my goods, my chattels;  she is my house, my household stuff, my field, my barn, my horse, my ox, my ass, my anything"

(pg. 133 Act 3. sc.2)

When it comes down to the Diary of a mad black women Orlando is playing this rebound person for Brenda who is not only hurt but is shameful. Orlando watched as Brenda is begin not only pulled out of the house she lives at for 18 years but is talked to nasty. His job there was to pack all her stuff up load it onto a truck and then take her on her way. He felt bad for her and wanted to comfort her. But begin "Mad and Black" things didn't work out in his favor.

After Brenda started to fall for Mr/Orlando some more her ex husband got in the way again. He got into the business at the wrong time. When at court begin a lawyer he lost his case and the man was sentenced to jail. The man turned around and shot him, he was rushed to the hospital and poor heart broken Brenda went running after him. Leaving Orlando on the the side lines confused on what needs to do.

After a few weeks went by of no contact of Orlando she finally received that what she was giving up wasn't worth it. She wanted Orlando for the nice he have gave to her and the way he treated her.