Thenry- Process

My group was assigned the School District Funding topic. Initially we weren't entirely sure what we were going to research/ present, but for the most part we had a rough idea for what we were going to use. We soon found out that the more difficult portion of the project would be choosing the most effective way to present our campaign and put it into action. In my mind it made sense to draw up some posters and maybe write about the state of public school funding in Philadelphia.  After I learned that we had to take action and implement our campaign in a real life, I knew that my original thoughts wouldn't be very successful.  It would have required that I made copies and handed them out/ posted them in places around the city.  The word may have spread, but there would have been no quantitative way to check the success in that portion of the campaign. It was suggested that we should do a website, and the easiest way to do that was through weebly, a website that many people used for NHD.  With the use of a weebly, we could separate our campaign into different categories, for various group members and check the amount of visits the site gets.  Heather and I were responsible for the poster and artistic part of the campaign. I decided to draw a political style cartoon that shows money being pumped from a large vat (Government Funds) to required services.  The only two things that are clearly being fed in the picture are the school district and the correctional system. The man standing in the picture is Tom Corbett, and he's saying, "Seems right to me".  This is in reference to the school district  budget cuts that he is proposing for Pennsylvania. If you look at the tube connecting the school district to government funds, you notice that it is damaged, representing a more subtle way of saying that the school district is lacking the proper funding that it should be receiving.