Week 2 - Past and Future

For my second week, the question that I am looking to answer is basic shortcuts to knowing when to use past and future tense. Some difficulties arose, as I was unable to find anyone on livemocha that would aid me, or even respond to me after I asked for help. The people who messaged me asking me for help suddenly stopped responding once I asked for help in return. Hrump. For this week, I instead chose a friend who is a native speaker as the alternative. It was difficult to find a time that would work for both of us, so we decided that texting would be the best alternative.

Before I did the conversation, I answered the prep questions. -

Cuál es tu tema de conversación?
    De tema de conversación es pasado y futuro tenso. Yo necesito un refrescar en tema.

How do you anticipate your partner will respond to these questions?
    They may not be able to understand them too well, as writing the language is not something     they're beyond proficient in.

What are you looking forward to about this conversation?
    Being able to talk to a close friend of mine in Español. (Not something I do often.)

What are you nervous about?
    I'm a bit concerned about my friend's written spanish, as he's much better at speaking it than     writing. It shouldn't be much of an issue though, as I should be able to understand it.