Why We Broke Up By Daniel Handler

Why We Broke Up

by Daniel Handler 

Illustrator: Maira Kalman

Why we broke up was written by Daniel Handler and illustrated by Maria Kalman and Why we broke up is a fictional novel, i choose this book to review because it isn’t like other books i have read, its different because Daniel Handler actually capture the feeling of being in love, the feeling of letting go of the person you had a special feeling for. Having a significant other in your life for a long time and then breaking it off is hard, its hard to take emotionally but their is always a reason why it happens, sometimes your just no happy but because you break it off doesn’t mean it isn’t hard for you as well, it will be but it wont be as hard as it is to the other person. Having things that remind you of the other person may be hard to let go but while time goes by your start to realize its fine to let that person go, and the stuff that came with the other person, the memories that were left. Then you start to think of that person and the memories and how love can blind you, how love made you do things that you wouldn’t do if you weren’t in love. Daniel capture the look of the couples, what couples do, what happens when you do things. Maria and Daniel 

Daniel Handler wrote this book and Maria Kalman illustrated the book, how this book started was Maria wanted to paint objects and Daniel could just imagine a romance novel, but he had to capture the prospective of a teenager girl, Daniel would take public transportation every day and he would over her young people conversations about love and their emotions, and he would capture that in this novel. This novel is an amazing book for all ages but the author wrote it for teenagers because the characters were teenagers and they were going threw that high school love that everyone goes threw. Also Daniel Handler has a pen name, its Lemony Snicket. Daniel Handler has written 13 books, he has a different kind of writing, he is careful of how he writes. Daniel Handler has known the feeling of being in a break up because like everyone else Daniel Handler has also been in a heart broken situation, he has a least been dumped three times in his high school years. 

This book is a very good book, i would recommend this book to teenagers because the character in the book are teenagers and teenagers would actually relate to the break up of teens, as we would call it high school love but others would relate to this book as well. Reading this book while your in love and relating to their love it would actually make you smile while reading this book. Also Daniel has capture the feeling but also capture the image of love, how everyone does. This book is very interesting, very good to read. Different thing that have different memories, that have different reasons why they broke up.