A flawless Lit Lens

Reflections

Molly:

I contributed in brainstorming general ideas for making our video. I also added my thoughts to our analysis on the feminist lens, how the song we chose relates to this lens; as well as helped without the storyboard. Lastly, I  recorded myself reading a paragraph from our analysis, which i'm the most proud of. I'm most proud of my contribution in recording for the video because I will usually do anything to not have to show myself in the video. No specific reason why I do this, but i'm proud I got over it.

Maggie

While working on this project I found that I was able to contribute with a fair amount of equality. I feel that I contributed most on the actual analysis. I was able to come up with good ways of looking at the video through the feminist lens especially. However, I am most proud of the work I contributed while we were brainstorming. Although our project didn’t have a particularly new or interesting theme I felt that I was more able to express ideas than I have been in the past. Our group worked well together and we found ways to use what we had.

Ray

I think my largest contribution to the project was suggesting the song, “Flawless.” Along with that, I was able to give creative ideas and write things such as the introduction and conclusion. An accomplishment I had was letting go of some control. Usually, I like to lead group projects, but I decided to not “take control” and let someone else do it. It turned out great because I saw some really amazing leadership skills from my project partners. My group worked well together; we had good communication and fair treatment.

Marcus

My biggest contribution to the project was creating a part and editing the video. It was a bit stressful and tedious since i ran into multiple errors and I had to recreate the flawless video since we could get the actual video anywhere. My accomplishment working within this group was sticking to the plan and making sure I always had something to do and staying busy even if it was hard to find work. We all worked so well together getting our parts done and turned in on time. We all communicated well and did what we all said we were going to do.

Anonymous

Describe how you agree or disagree with their analysis. If you agree, add a few sentences extending their theory about their text. If you disagree, use the lens to produce an alternate analysis of their text.

• I agree with their analysis because they showed how both of the lenses it show throughout Beyonce flawless video, and also they explained how she shows herself through the lenses.
  1. Did this video push your thinking at all? Did it encourage you to look at the world in a new way? Explain why or why not.

This video did push my thinking because from listening to the lyrics it shows me how women are seen different from men. It did encourage to look at the world in a new way because it shows me how women change and show themselves to the world.

1. What other book, film, movie, TV show, etc. does their project remind you of? How could you apply their analysis to this other text?
  • Another thing that this project remind me of is the reality shows and how women are showed on their.
  1. What shout-outs do you have for this group and their project?
  • A shoutout I have for this group is for the fact the should clips from the Beyonce video flawless to show the different lenses and analyzing it.
Emily Jenson (Student 2015)
Emily Jenson

1.I agree with the analysis and its interesting to think about Beyonce NOT being a feminist, that diamonds and wealth makes a person 'flawless'. Although I think she was more so saying that all women are flawless no matter what, which is backed up by the quote in the beginning. 2. Im so used to seeing music videos completely degrade women, its cool to see a video that is the opposite, especially from someone as famous and awesome as Queen Bey. 3. This made me think of Miley Cyrus' 'Wrecking Ball' what if she was trying to send the same message? Maybe no one thought that because Miley used to be a child star, where-as Beyonce has always been seen as a strong, independent woman.

Liza Cohen (Student 2015)
Liza Cohen
  1. I agree with the analysis. I think the song is bittersweet because it does automatically assume that women are supposed to look a certain way, but this is not always the case.

2. It has pushed my thinking because when people listen to songs; especially beyonce who is so famous - no one analyzes the lyrics. I didn't even look at this song in that way until now.

3. I would compare this songs to a lot of the songs that have been out lately in pop music - most songs are about money, women, and weed.. people make the assumption that those are the topics people like to sing about.. that's another lense.

4. I liked showing a clip of beyonce from the video and then her a long time ago before she was famous. It was a good comparison.

Micah Getz (Student 2015)
Micah Getz

1 & 2. I liked their analysis a lot. They looked at the lyrics of songs, which I really am not able to do that well. There are also a lot of information about the past of Beyonce, and again, I don't really know about it so it was nice to here about this. There's also a lot of analysis on the lenses.

1. They seemed like a history show that showed information about the data from many different lenses. It's like if you took a person, and showed all the different types of on sexism/money throughout times that you could work on them.

2. It's very detailed and well researched. It's done in a way I wouldn't be able to.