All About Me Slide

About Me KN
For tech class we had to create a slide about us. However, this was an exercise to successfully design a slide, not to tell others about me. We were given challenges: not to make the slide crowded, not clustered, easy-to-read, interesting and maybe even give a message and make it memorable. This is how I accomplished the above image:

I chose to use elements of Walt Disney World in my slide because it is one of the most joyful memories I have. I chose the castle of WDW because it is a main icon of the parks. I also chose one of Walt Disney’s quotes that reflect me as a person. I included my name faded into the background. I chose the castle to bleed off of the bottom of the page because you know it’s there, I just didn’t have to show it. I made the text big and a sans-serif face - both easy for the eyes and to read. The text is matching in color scheme to the image. I have the main image and main text contrasting the background also. I placed the castle strategically on the bottom so you would look at it and my faded name, then following the castle’s tower look up at the quote, looking at the larger text first and then the slightly smaller text and the smallest text. 

I learned that it is hard to choose and design a slide with what you do have to work with following simple rules of media to make it flow. I had to add, delete, add, move and change my name a lot because I couldn’t find a simple, easy place for it. It's difficult to accomplish the challenge our teacher gave us, but that's the point. We will do a reflection upon a presentation and then change our slide to show what we learned. 
About Me Slide 2
After learning what to do to change our slides to make them better, we had to make a new one. I changed the background to a color that matched the castle, but still made the text and castle pop. I made the text a little smaller so it wouldn’t hug the edge of the slide. Because my slide wasn’t critiqued, I didn’t know if there was anything that needed to be changed.

Allison Kelly (Student 2016)
Allison Kelly

I think your slide looks really good. I noticed that the little changes you made really did make a difference and make your slide look even better than before. Really good job!