Baked salmon and Broccoli

Ingredients:

-salmon

-salt and pepper

-different types of seasoning

-olive oil

-green and red peppers

-lemon juice

-Parsley

-garlic clove

-broccoli 

-butter

Process:

1. Rinse the fish off with the lemon juice

2. Season it in separate plate

3. pour oil in the aluminum foil pan and place the fish on it

4. Then out the fish in the oven at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes

5. lightly broccoli in a pot for about 5-10 minutes

7. When cooked sprinkle some salt and pepper with a touch of butter on top

Food Analysis:

I'm not sure where salmon originally comes from, but I know that salmon comes from the latin word salmonand lives in freshwater. The cost of salmon usually ranges from 4-8 dollars a pound depending on where it is bought. Broccoli was introduced from the Italian more than 200 years ago and from then on has been of large production because of it's essential nutrients of fiber, vitamins, carbs, protein and fat. Fresh broccoli usually cost around $1.80- to $2 per pound. Those of which are the essential part of the dish. All the other things such as the seasons, lemon juice and olive oil are pretty cheap as well in any local grocery store, especially walmart.

Regardless of the ingredients baking foods are but more healthier than frying because in frying foods  in all forms frying lead to no water-soluble vitamin loss, and very few heat-sensitive vitamins are lost. It can also lead to a high absorption of added fat and the formation of acrylamide. While baking requires little added fat.  Salmon is an excellent source of high-quality protein, vitamins and minerals. By using healthy oils like olive oil can boost your intake of healthy fats and vitamin E. The estimated time for this dish is about 25 minutes so it's not long of a wait. Broccoli is a good source of carbs and fiber, with 13 grams of carbs and 6 grams of fiber per serving. It helps you feel full faster, which might help you manage your weight. It also helps with prevention of heart disease, diabetes, and diverticular disease. Cooked broccoli is a good source of a number of essential vitamins and minerals that help keep you healthy, including vitamin C, folate and potassium.

Two ingredients that I would compare in my dish would be the salmon and the broccoli. Farming process vs planting or gaining these ingredients re my own would be very hard considering the type of environment that i live in. I live in an urban area so there isn't much of an healthy environment to plant broccoli or an access to a healthy freshwater ocean or lake to fish for salmon. Therefore, the only way to have these things would be to buy them at a local general store.

Personal Reflection:

I rarely had any issues with his unit because this unit was more so as a refresher for me. I learned a lot about the food industries in the 8th grade. Most of the things I already was aware of, but the biggest problem I've seen and that seemed to be new to me was when we watch the video on to talk of the man who was dedicated his life to educating people about the truth behind these things (TED Talk) he said that the labeling in this industry is massively incorrect. He used an example of how companies say that its milk is low in fat when is filled with tons of sugar. Which is something that is very true, but I never really paid attention, something I felt intrigued by. Another thing that caught my attention in this unit was that the maps that we looked over and how the rate in the US of people gain pounds increased over time. I always had a sense that was happening, but I wasn't really aware of how fast and rapid it was going along with how much is spread among the states. An interesting fact brought up in the TED talk video was that the school foods were just about similarly unhealthy like fast food. There aren’t fresh because of the budget cuts which makes them desperate in using the food that they can get, which are the unhealthy foods. I want to and will encourage my little sister and help her to stop eating those foods by packing her lunch before going to school or at night. Inform my mom on this information so that when she buys groceries she can be more mindful of these things. We are huge role in the food industry because we are not only victims of unhealthy foods, but also the consumers and the more we buy the stronger this cycle will become.

Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 1.22.21 AM
Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 1.22.21 AM
My demographics for this rule is to show the audience that it is okay to eat a piece of everything for all components in different types of food is what your body needs, The true problem in that is consuming too much food that your body already has a enough and doesn’t need. Basically there needs to be balance in the food you consume.