Cut-Out Project

WHY
WHY
whyy
whyy
​In all likelihood, this is where it ends. The train's last stop is here, and its grand central station has a way of making me feel small. This is where Mrs. Hull realizes I'm legitimately incapable. 
In previous works, I had successfully failed to make it good enough to be good, but it was still strange enough to look original. 
This time around, I had no such luck. 
This cut-out is the construction-paper embodiment of dysfunction. It is the end of my masquerading as a functional artist, and the dawn of my shining ineptitude. Anyone who gazes at these abysmal products would immediately see the clearly guessed, poorly outlined cutouts; they'd see the horribly-colored image of what never, not even on a good day, could appear to be a stool; they would see my terrible skills and they would cry. 
Actual artists are spinning in their grave. 
My mother majored in Art History. After she sees the terrifying contents of this blog post, I may be forced into finding a new mother.
It was apparent from the start that any artistic visions that had the misfortune to fumble into my brain would never be manifested in any objectively "good" form, but maybe I could at least make real things look mildly real. Or, maybe, I couldn't.
SPOILER: I couldn't.

Negative space is the part of a drawing or photograph that isn't focused on. For example: if the positive space in a picture of a ladder is the ladder itself, the negative space would be the space between the rungs. For another example: this negative space cutout is negative space in my artistic career.

Using the definition of negative space, it was easy to discover where negative space was, or what it was meant to be. I recognized the spaces between the parts of the stools and ladder as negative; I recognized the pink in the right side of the cutout as negative and the black on the left side as negative. My projects don't reflect that gained knowledge, however: No matter the reader's grasp on negative space, it must certainly be difficult to ascertain that I had ascertained that which we were meant to ascertain.

Seeing in negative space helps an artist (don't read as "seeing in negative space helps me," for reasons that have, at this point, been made obvious) to see negative space, as it can better define the focus of a project. I clearly didn't utilize it perfectly; in fact, my art seems to have no focus.

Negative space is useful in creating art, for reasons most exemplified by the following: imagine how cool my art would be if it used negative space well.

In conclusion, I hope the reader finds my abominable "art" to be satisfactory.