History Final Portfolio

This year in world history class, we have learned lots of things, done lots of hands on activities, saw wonderful plays, and learned lots of things about our nation and many other places in the world. I wasn't sure how this class was going to be because most of my history classes in younger ages taught the same exact thing, but in a different way. Almost like it was al tied together, but each teacher taught that subject differently. When we started doing units and learning about certain things, I was a bit shocked because it was a new experience for me, but I soon caught on and got with the program. 
One of the units that really stood out for me was the whole revolution unit. I think that was because I  was able to voice my opinion with some strong evidence behind it. i had a lot of quotes that stood out from the unit. "In life, you need to handle the needs first, then the wants", "Religion can answer questions that are hard to be explained", "People at the top think that there isn't anything wrong with the world, but the people at the bottom live those problems everyday.", " When a country is colonized, it loses its essence and everything that they live by."
Nonviolence is the better, but longer option when it comes to revolutions. In my journal #19, I talked about when it is right to die for something that you strongly believe in. I feel that is how some of the people now feel when they are cheated out of their basic rights for something that is really stupid and has no positive future behind it. In my journal #31, I talked about whether nonviolence or violence was a better force for change. One of the projects I did in this unit was the revolution video guide.In my project, I looked at violent revolutions versus nonviolent ones,and looked at how successful and effective each were.Depending on how and what king of revolution it was, depends on the impact towards the people.I chose this topic because I wanted to point out the flaws in both violent and nonviolent.
Another project that stood out to me was the Cortes trial.What we did was, we separated ourselves in groups and had a mock trial on the the Aztec cortes issue. In the trial, I was a defense attorney and my job was to do the closing statement. I also had to find sufficient evidence and quotes that would help my group stay on the innocent side. A powerful quote from my closing statement was,"To suggest that the System is wholly responsible for the genocide is ignorant.  A person must choose for themselves what to do, and it is they who are responsible.”
In my wordle picture, I used the words, Nonviolence, Gandhi, MLK, Freedom, Independence, Bloodshed, Personal beliefs, Rights, Human rights, Movements, Violence, Weapons free,Look for change, Uprising, Battle for Algiers,and Arab Spring. I used some of these words because those were the first ones that came to mind when I thought about revolutions. I wanted to use some relevant words while also using some of the things we learned in class this year.
I hope that at the end of the year, I can remember what we learned in class and be able to sit down with my family and share my findings and some of my work so that they can go off and tell their friends and share more about the history we learned in class.