Jules James Capstone

My name is Jules James and my project will be teaching women some of the ways they could take care of their hair, to know what care of hair to buy and to receive a maximum hair growth. A basic overview of my project is I’m creating a YouTube channel based on hair. This channel will include weave reviews, how I take care of my hair with different techniques, and all the products I use. The way my hair channel is different from the others is the age difference. Mostly everyone else who have a hair channel is in their adult life working or in college. But not me. I’m a high school senior trying to get into college and work every weekend. By having all of this in my life, I will show that girls my age are capable of doing their hair with a professional look just as well as women with time on their hand.

And now that I'm at the end of my project, I learned so much. For instance. I inspire girls like me who are always so busy to take the time to care for their hair more. I got to build these girls’ confidence up so they know that they are capable of taking care of themselves without having to dish out thousands of dollars to someone to do something that they can do for free. Also, I learned that get people interested you have to be very enthusiastic and not dull at all. You have to promote yourself to get people to watch. And some of the comments I received on my videos gave me some good ideas and more of them were confident boosters. When you watch my channel I hope you see all the hard work and fun put into my project. And note that even though this project is due and done I'll be continuing it during the rest of the school year and after high school.

Click here to view my channel and the rest of my videos.

Bibliography:

Wedmore, James. "6 Ways to Grow YouTube Subscribers and Your Exposure." Social Media Examiner RSS. N.p., 15 May 2012. Web. 29 Jan. 2015. .

This source provides information about how to increase my YouTube subscribers for beginners.

I selected this source because on this site it shows the amount of subscribers the person who created this article have that’s an amount of subscribers I could use. I found this source useful because my subscriber count is low and I need to find a way to increase it even though I only have one video uploaded. One limitation of this source was the information on how long did it take him to get the amount of followers he has. But other than that I feel like this site is very reliable and informative.

"How to Grow Long Hair If You Are a Black Female." WikiHow. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Jan. 2015. .

This source provides information about how to grow healthy long hair for an African-American female. I selected this source because it give a lot of information about the correct way to take care of your hair that specifically benefits black women. I found this source useful because I actually do some of these things and I’ve seen progress in my hair I could be living proof that some of these things work. One limitation of this source was someone to actually say this actually work. People like me like to have someone comment or say that doing these things got my hair to waist length in 4 years.

Liong, Mireille. "Natural Hairstyles, Hair Care, Events, Stories, News and Black Hair Products." Natural Hairstyles, Hair Care, Events, Stories, News and Black Hair Products. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Jan. 2015. .

This source provides information about all the African-American women that made the decision to go all natural when it comes to hair. This source also provides the background on celebrities that also decided to go natural, which inspired some of these women to g natural too. I selected this source because it provides stories from real women about how and why they decided to go natural and it’s also been around for a while so that help shows it been very useful to the public, which is the reason new events still occur on this site. I found this source useful because it shows natural hairstyles that I could use it and it also have a section on the site where you could find hair salons for natural women. This source also gets how to’s for a natural healthy head of hair. One limitation of this source was everything seemed to be cluttered together so it was hard to try to find all the information I need from this site.    

"How to Take Care of Black Girls' Hair." WikiHow. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Jan. 2015. .

This source provides information about how to take care of your hair but more in a product sense. I selected this source because it helps me out with talking about why the products I use helps my hair to grow other than just using protective hairstyles. I found this source useful because this explained the products more in a scientific sense other than just saying that use this and use that. There was no limitation to this site. It provided all the facts that I still was looking for about the science behind hair growth and it helped me look at how to grow hair in a different sense.

"4th Month Update on Hair Growth. Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, & Biotin."YouTube. YouTube, 4 Aug. 2013. Web. 29 Jan. 2015. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb4Y5VFYsi0>.

This source provides information about how biotin, Pure castor oil, and coconut oil helps your hair to grow. And this is not a scripted video. You can tell that in this video the woman is in her bed doing a casual video about how tells products helped her and she showed her results from using them. I selected this source because in this video you can tell that she wasn’t faking her results and she also talked about her mistakes and what she could do differently next time. I found this source useful because you can tell that she wasn’t an actress trying to tell you the things you want to hear and this is an inspiration for one of my videos. One limitation of this source was she didn’t show a before and after pictures to show progress throughout the months.

"Relaxed Hair Care Regimen To Healthy Long Hair (Very Long & Detailed)."YouTube. YouTube, 4 Sept. 2012. Web. 29 Jan. 2015. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku_3mx-kMHs&index=27&list=PL9orcA_5WrpC1I3IaiGwlSNCBrLfXBFKY>.

This source provides information about her journey on how she grew out her relaxed hair and received long and healthy new hair. I selected this source because one of my videos will be similar to hers, but the difference is I’m not relaxing my hair anymore. I’m trying to grow my hair without a perm or a relaxer. I found this source useful because other than the how to’s she gives more specific information about the products she uses and how it benefits her. Also in her description box she listed all the products that could help with hair growth. To me, this was a good example of an informative and interesting hair journey video.

"9 Everyday Protective Hairstyles(Relaxed/Texlaxed&Natural Hair)."YouTube. YouTube, 18 Jan. 2014. Web. 29 Jan. 2015. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx6Hhdz6Izo&list=PL9orcA_5WrpC1I3IaiGwlSNCBrLfXBFKY&index=5>.

This source provides information about how to do 9 different protective hairstyles. I selected this source because just like me this is a girl in her teens showing the viewers how she do her protective hairstyles and how easy and fast it is to do these hairstyles. I found this source useful because with these hairstyles you do need weave so I can show my viewers how I can naturally rock my hair and still keep it protected. One limitation of this source was some of the hairstyles had too much of her hair out which took out the meaning of “protective”. For the hairstyles to be considered a protective hairstyle it must protect your ends from breaking off. 

"How to Make a 3/4/u-part Wig(tutorial+ Tips)." YouTube. YouTube, 4 June 2011. Web. 29 Jan. 2015. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH8MkBLoWao&index=24&list=PL9orcA_5WrpC1I3IaiGwlSNCBrLfXBFKY>.

This source provides information about how she created her U-part wig and the different techniques she used to make it. I selected this source because the visual was every clear to see everything she did and she showed that making a U-part wig could be easy if you take your time and have the right items. I found this source useful because she made some mistakes while making her wig and it helps me out to make sure I don’t make the same mistakes she did. One limitation of this source was she didn’t show how she installed it to her hair and how what as her results at the end.

"Natural Black Hair Care." Natural Black Hair Care. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Jan. 2015. <http://naturalblackhaircare.com/waystogrowhair.php>.

This source provides information about the factors of how to grow your hair longer and healthier. This site also provided information how to care for children’s hair and natural hair care. I selected this source because this site is more fact based other than things people hear. They focus on things like genetics, nutrition, age, and other things. I found this source useful because it teaches me things about my hair that I never knew. For example, I didn’t know that age could affect the way the hair grow. There was no limitation because very part of this site was informative.

Oliver, Dana. "Want To Maintain Natural Hair? Read These 8 Tips--Now." The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 11 Oct. 2012. Web. 29 Jan. 2015. <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/09/natural-hair-care_n_1499453.html>.

This source provides information about a real African-American woman who has gone natural. I selected this source because in this article she answers questions about her being natural and basically informing women on what to look forward to if they decide to become natural. I found this source useful because these questions are questions that were not answered from my other sources so this show that getting the information from someone who’s experienced in being natural is better than getting information from people who're just talking about it. There were no limitations because her article was straight forward and it didn’t leave me thinking about whether what she’s saying is a fact or not.