Macbeth Creative Project- Naima DeBrest & Genero Accooe

Screenshot 2016-01-18 at 11.01.46 PM
Screenshot 2016-01-18 at 11.01.46 PM
Screenshot 2016-01-18 at 11.01.32 PM
Screenshot 2016-01-18 at 11.01.32 PM
Screenshot 2016-01-18 at 10.59.30 PM
Screenshot 2016-01-18 at 10.59.30 PM
Screenshot 2016-01-18 at 5.02.03 PM
Screenshot 2016-01-18 at 5.02.03 PM
Screenshot 2016-01-18 at 5.16.49 PM
Screenshot 2016-01-18 at 5.16.49 PM

My partner is Genero Accooe

For this project my partner and I decided to make a playbill. We thought that it would be the best way to represent the story of Macbeth. As soon as we came together to collaborate we decided on the playbill. As soon as we started we immediately had ideas for the cover. Our initial idea was to have a hand emerging out of water grasping a crown and then the water fading into blood. I believe that that was a very good idea but it kind of got lost in translation so we reverted to a different cover. We had some trouble with the cover because I wanted a very sleek computer look for the cover. We couldn't find  any free graphic design tools we can use online so we had to use the t shirt making website call “Custom Ink”. For a t-shirt website I am very happy with the quality that our cover turned out. Another reason why we picked the playbill is because I immediately wanted to do the costumes. I also one of those to look sleek and I didn't think that drawings could do or just explanations of what the costumes would look like. So I searched and I searched and I finally found a Lord of the Rings dress up game that fit the Macbeth theme  perfectly.I made countless avatars that I thought represented the Macbeth characters and what their wardrobe would look like. Since this project was in our hands we were able to put a Philadelphia spin on it by having the play performed at the Academy of Music. We also got to have some fun in the credit part of the playbill. We used some of the  Science Leadership Academy staff as our cast and crew for the play. Including Mr. Lehmann and Mr. Gerwer as the producers.I was also drawn to the playbill idea because we had to make actor profiles. With making these actor profiles I was able to make a new version of Macbeth with an ethnic cast. I was also able to make up mini biographies for these actors and actresses and I really enjoyed that. I got to make them a part of  any famous musical that I wanted to. During this project me and my partner had some very severe communication issues. We were able to get the project done on time but the workload was not very fair. I really like the organization of this project. It made the project very manageable that the assignments were broken up into tasks instead of one big project at one time. This really help me and my group member be more organized. Even though we did not follow it  that much I really liked the calendar idea. All in all I did enjoy doing this project though because we were able to take the play Macbeth and put our own interpretation on it.We hope you enjoy “the show”.

Darlenny Rodriguez (Student 2019)
Darlenny Rodriguez

I think that the cover page is eye catching. The story behind it is also pretty cool. Good job being resourceful also and actually putting together your own costumes instead of taking them off the internet.

Kiah Johnson (Student 2019)
Kiah Johnson

I like how you used other things to create this project, like the dress up game and the tee shirt website. Shows how devoted you were for the project, I like it.

Meymey Seng (Student 2019)
Meymey Seng

The effort of creating everything was awesome! For example, making Mr. Lehmann as a producer. Another thing that I enjoyed was the funny ads that you included.