Media Fluency

I wanted my media fluency slide to be bold and have a flowing design on it. To fulfill this, I took a PearlJam poster and edited the photo to insert my name. It includes the elements of contrast, alignment, depth, and texture which we learned in Tech class. In my slide, I used a lot of contrast by using a warm color, red, and a cool color, cyan blue, on top of a black background to make the colors stand out. I also used some hints of white to make the slide brighter. I followed the element of alignment by placing my name in the empty space in the center of the design. My slide also has depth in the banner at the top and texture in the wings and in other aspects of the design.
Tech Presentation 12-3-13 (1)
For my second slide, I decided to change the random spots of blue in the design of the wings to red to blend in with the rest of the design. I also decided to change the Buenos Aires to Philly to make it more personalized. From doing this project, I learned the guidelines to follow when making an appealing presentation. These guidelines include the rule of thirds, contrast, empty space, depth, texture, and other artistic elements. I also learned a lot about editing pictures which I was inept at when I first started this project. This project also taught me that it's the little details in your presentation that can take it from decent to amazing.
Tech Slide 2