Media Fluency

Hi, I am Ebony Ream. In tech we are making one slide that describes us, but we have to make it presentable. Mine however, is quite simple. I just found a picture of a microphone from google and placed a quote of mine on it.

The techniques that I used was making the picture bleed off the page a little, so only half of the microphone is on it. For the wording part, I tried to make my words understandable and brighter than the picture itself, like contrasting. Another strategy I used was “the rule of the thirds”, when the screen is divided in a 3x3 fashion. I just evened the picture and wording out. I also made the picture larger. I learned that if you do that, then it attracts people more. This happens with words too.

Before I made this slide, I did get some tips from reading the Presentation Zen website. His tips really helped me out because before reading them, I had no idea there were ways to make your slide presentable and attractive.

I actually changed my whole slide because my main criticism was about the background being very pix-elated. I couldn't find a more high quality picture, so I changed everything but still based the topic of music.

I learned that if you want to have big words, make sure there’s not a thing called a tangent, which is a tight space between two things. Also, some slides are better to be left empty than busy. There’s also certain fonts used for the “advertisement” business. So, it’s better to use those fonts, in order to catch people’s attention.

Tech Slide
Tech Slide (3)
Tech Slide (3)