#MoreThanADistractionSLA

On my first blog post I introduced the reader to the topic of feminism. I explained what it was and why it should be a common goal for everyone. On my previous blog post I showed trending hashtags and gave situations that show why gender equality is an issue, not necessarily by the law but in between people themselves.

I recently began a project to raise awareness about feminism via social media by using the hashtag #MoreThanADistractionSLA. I asked a group of girls to let me take pictures of them with labels representing feminism which can be viewed on the website I created linked in the hyper-linked text. I then asked all my friends, family, and anyone I came across to share the pictures or post a picture of their own with the hashtag I created.

I personally think this was a really good idea because our world currently revolves around internet and social media. That's why I believe social media is a very efficient way to make people aware of modern day issues and topics of interest.

I had a pretty good turn out for my project. The hashtag did not trend, but may more people of become aware of the topic of feminism. Many of my friends, family, and even strangers  made statuses, post, tweets, and posted pictures with the hashtag #MoreThanADistraction. I feel very confident that this hashtag will become more known as times goes on. I really enjoyed doing this project because I got  to work on something I'm passionate about, and I got to do it in a way that was fun and that everyone could participate in. Down below I will include some of the images from the Feminism Photo Shoot. The rest of the images can be viewed on the website I created.

Aniya Edited.jpgSam Edited.jpgMadison Edited.jpgJava & Alexa Edited.jpgMadison Sports Edited.jpgModel Group #1 Edited.jpg

CLICK FOR BIBLIOGRAPHY!!!