Net Neutrality Blog

Net Neutrality!
Net Neutrality!
In a word without Net Neutrality, little Jimmy tries to watch Netflix on his Xfinity internet. He goes to the profiles, chooses his, then wants to watch Scrubs. He presses play, then waits for it to load. While waiting, he sees his homework pile up on his desk, and just wants to watch that season finale. It's been four hours, and now hes just asleep on the keyboard, and it's finally loaded the first minute! This is the world without the Net Neutrality.

Johny decides that he wants to watch something. Unlike Jimmy, he doesn't have a subscription to Netflix, but still has Xfinity, so he watches the TV section of Comcast. He watches Divergent, and it loads instantly! It doesn't even take a minute, and he is already watching the movie, but with Netflix he would ave to wait hours in end. 

In this world, Netflix is always slow. YouTube is even slower, and Hulu, well nobody uses Hulu. In this world, it is slowed by the internet providers. It doesn't matter if you pay extra, it is still slower than an old man.