Police discrimination

African Americans get harassed  and killed by white police and it is not by accident . USA today analysis of seven years of FBI data “ white officers kill black officers kill black “suspects”  twice a week a week in the United States on a average 96 times a year” which claims around a quarter of the 400 annual deaths reported to federal authorities by local police departments were white-on-black shootings. What's more, the analysis indicates that 18% of the black suspects were under the age of 21 when killed by the police, as opposed to just 8.7% of white suspects. These statistics are self explanatory black people have a way greater percentage of police.

The statistic on white-cop-on-black-suspect shootings is alarming in and of itself. Then the next question should be why are blacks bigger targets to police brutality than white people.   But while race plays a critical role, the number of white cops shooting black people is just part of a larger problem. Black people across the United States are more likely to face discrimination in the criminal justice system and be harassed, arrested and shot by police just because of the pigment of their skin or stereotypes, Black cops should police the black neighborhoods instead of the white police officers only because the black police officers would get more understanding of what would be happening in the neighborhood instead of just locking somebody up and or shooting on sight. vise verse with white people I know they would feel safer being around their people.”

On a hot summer afternoon in August 1998, 37-year-old U.S. Army Sergeant First Class Rossano V. Gerald and his young son Gregory drove across the Oklahoma border into a nightmare. A career soldier and a highly decorated veteran of Desert Storm and Operation United Shield in Somalia, SFC Gerald, a black man of Panamanian descent, found that he could not travel more than 30 minutes through the state without being stopped twice: first by the Roland City Police Department, and then by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol. This is just prime example of a African American man  being discriminated and harassed  against, its just in this case it  happened to be  a U.S Army sergeant A African American man serving our country the situation he was in i think would have made any body want to hate the cops his twelve year old son was in the car with him the police purposely traumatized this young man they locked him in the car with no air condition and was blowing hot air and threatened to sick the dog on him if he tried to escape just to make it clear they were out there for two and a half hours. the police officers knew they were in the wrong because they turned off the patrol evidence camera   . The sergeant said he just does not understand why we as a people can't move on as a people in this country move past racism and discrimination .

Its not by accident that African Americans get discriminated against, we are targeted were not blind to the fact that other races are also getting discriminated against but we are the “ prime suspects” we make it come to light in American with movements like Black Lives Matter and Hands up.  we try to let the world know what we're going  through in America that why I think that when someone says something about police brutality they think of black people in particular not white, or Hispanic.  

"Driving While Black." The Washington Monthly. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Nov. 2015.

"Driving While Black: Racial Profiling On Our Nation's Highways." American Civil Liberties Union. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Nov. 2015.