Q1 Art Portfolio

My overall goal for each piece of artwork was to express a different part of myself to who ever views it. I wanted to portray small snapshots of my personality and dreams.

My first two pieces of art were the sketch for the ceiling tile and the final ceiling tile. Though my design for the ceiling tile changed from my sketch, the ideas and feeling in each piece are similar. The sketch depicts various treble clefs in a circle which represents the variety of music in the world and how they all relate and bring people together. The ceiling tile shows one large treble clef with various designs that to me represent the creativity and individuality that people achieve through music and the tree in the design symbolizes the liveliness and joy that it brings to people who need it.​ As for the

For my drawing, I sketched a woman and a man in an hourglass. For me, this symbolizes how important it is to have some sort of companion throughout your lifetime whether that be a partner, friend, or family member. This is an important subject to me, because one of my biggest fears is being alone or unloved. In this piece, I also tried use shading to the best of my knowledge and ability.

As for my bats, I used black, purple, and orange construction paper to make the bats. For each bat, I drew and cut out a large and small one. I tried to make the smaller ones about half the size of the larger bats. After I cut them out, I glued the smaller bats onto the larger bats in 4 different color patterns. I wanted to add color to this piece, because I noticed that my portfolio was very grey. This symbolizes my personality in the way that I seem quiet and maybe boring to most of my peers but when I become close to people they see my weird, fun, and outgoing side of myself that most people don't see

Lastly, for my self-portrait I drew a picture of myself from when I was in about 5th grade using pencil and charcoal. I chose to draw a picture of myself when I was younger to show people the importance of keeping child-like spirit and excitement through their lives. Without their inner kid, people would all be boring, strict adults because people forget to loosen up and live a little when they get caught up in the stress of daily life.