Q2 FOOD PROJECT

Aaron Tang 

For 4-5 people. For more people, double the ingredients. 

Ingredients:

-1 table spoon of salt 

-2 eggs

-3 cups of rice

• 2/4 vegetable oil 
  • 2/3 soy sauce 
  •  shredded chicken, beef or pork
  • water
  • 2 cilantro 

Process:

1). Pour rice on a rice cooker and make sure it is flat. (If you do not have a rice cooker, then use a pot).

2). Put water in the ricer cooker (fill water about 2 cm above the rice).

3). Wait about 15 minutes until the rice is fully cook (If using pot, stir it frequently). 

4). Cut the  2 cilantros into tiny pieces

5).  Pour vegetable oil to the pan (make sure the oil is evenly spread) and wait for a minute to heat up the oil.

6). Put the meat in the pan (If you're a vegetarian, you can skip step 5 and 6). 

7). Stir for 2 minutes 

8). Put all the rice onto the pan along with the salt 

9). Gradually stir for 5 minutes 

10). Eggs on the pan while stir it around 

11). Pour the soy sauce, add cilantros and stir, so all the rice can be golden brown. 

12). Enjoy your Fried Rice!

Analysis:

I feel like this particular food is a lot healthier than deep fried food because the food contains a lot of proteins and carbs. Since fried rice is an asian culture, people have different styles to make it. You can either add spice or adding any type of meat.  Besides soy sauce, oil and white rice are processed, this type of food has couple natural ingredients. Fried rice is very easy to make, and any one can make this at home. If you are a vegetarian, you can simply still make this dish.  Either way, our body needs salt, oil, carbs and proteins. If you eat this everyday, try to not eat a lot of carbs because eating a lot of carbs. Carbs will actually make you become obese since you are not going to eat other stuff from the food pyramid. To make it healthier, you can try it with brown rice! Brown rice will make the body resist on this.

Fried rice originated from Asia and most countries in Asia have a unique style of making their own fried rice. Generally you will need rice, and eggs to have fried rice.  Rice is the base food from Asia. Rice can be grown all year round as long it has a wetland and people will have to pick the rice. once it is pollinate. Immigrants came to America and started to embrace their culture by making this type of food. 

It is always cheap to cook at home. Generally the ingredients cost about $5 or less and when you go outside to buy it from a restaurant, it will cost about $10. Fast food will always be cheaper and it depends what you get. Since fast food places do have meals that include with a drink, some people would prefer the unhealthy food than fried rice.  Fast food joints tend to be everywhere than healthier food, so people would drive there.  Chinese Restaurants will always have fried rice and if people want Chinese food, just go there and order it or go home to cook the food. 

In Asia, people will like to add anything to their fried rice. There are so many different styles and different families make it differently. Rice can be process differently because at the super market there are many different colors. Rice is have different forms and sizes which makes it harder for buyers to really know what type of rice they can use to make fried rice. It is personal reference what rice you like to eat.  Meat can range from couple companies in the United States. Each company process their meat differently, and it depends what kind of food the animals eat.