Quarter 2 Art

During this second quarter in Ms. Hull’s two day art class, everything went great. In this quarter we had to make the following pieces; an art collage, a hand drawn fabric drawing, a depth in field photograph, and a illustration based on a story.   All of the pieces were given 100% of my time and effort, which can clearly be seen through the work. I believe that this quarter has been my best yet. I loved making every single piece because I liked the variety. I also like trying new things, and this quarter was all about that. 

My favorite piece from this quarter is definitely the hand drawn fabric I drew. It took me more time than any other piece, which is why I think it’s my favorite. I spent around 5 hours to draw this fabric, every time I didn’t like the way it looked I erased it and fixed it. While drawing this fabric I wanted to show the environment in which the fabric was in. I wanted it to be black and white because I wanted to capture a very old look. I didn’t want any other color on the fabric because it wouldn’t transmit what I wanted it to. When looking into this piece you can experience an old, rusty, but rich touch. I think that capturing the way I wanted it was very hard. Time was definitely on my side.