Rhen Wars: Battle for Superiority

​You are the Supreme Overseer of your own army of Warriors, Spell-casters, Assailants or Mythical Creatures.
You must fight to the last man in a battle for magical energy, or Rhen. The purpose of the game is to deplete another players Rhen, or to have the most Rhen at the end of the game, which would be when a player has run out of cards to draw.
Each deck type comes with 5 different types of cards in it. You have Soldiers which are your basic units. Generals are more powerful units that cost more Rhen to summon, but have more powerful effects. There are three main types of effects: BattleCries, which activate when they are first summoned; Last Wishes, which activate upon death; and Secrets which allow a card to be face-down where it can't be revealed to an opponent unless you choose to. Generals and soldiers cannot attack the turn they are summoned. The Overlord is the sole most powerful card in the deck. They can attack the turn they enter the playing field. All of these cards named cost Rhen which is the number on the left side of the card and you must pay from your Rhen pool to do so. Every player starts out with 50 Rhen and every turn after the first, each player gains 20 Rhen a turn. At the start of the turn each player draws one card. 
The last two card types are Flashes and Barricades. Barricades defend the user himself from attacks on enemy monsters when they have nothing else to defend themselves with. You can only have three Barricades in play and Barricades don't cost any Rhen. Flashes are instants that can be activated from the hand at any point and are generally cheaper than most other cards in the terms of Rhen cost.

Each player's turn takes place in this order. Start Phase, Main Phase, End Phase.
There is no Start Phase during the first turn but for every turn after that the Start Phase is the time where a player draws a card and gains 20 Rhen to their total Rhen cost. The Main Phase is where everything goes down. You can summon, and activate Flashes as much as you want, as long as your Rhen is greater than 0 by the End Phase. During the Main Phase you can also initiate combat between a Soldier, General, of Overlord and an enemies Soldier, General, Overlord, Barricade or player. When a combat is initiated, there is a time for any effects to be added on to any item within the combat. After that one items, Attack/Health, which is the first and second numbers on the right side of the card, is compared to another items, Attack/Health. If the first item has a higher Attack then the second items Health or vice versa then said item dies. When a Soldier, General or Overlord die from a combat then the other player gains however much Rhen it says on the card to their total Rhen pool. This is not the case if it died from a card effect. During the End Phase, any changes made to the Attack/Health of something on the field become 0, and any damage dealt to something that didn't kill it goes away as well.

That's all the rules and here is a printout that you can use to have games with your friends. There are even some blanks cards if you want to card your own. Have fun!!
Artist Statement:
When I made this card game I set out to get rid of all the things I dislike about other card games that I play, like Magic: The Gathering, and Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters. Each battle tells a story about the prowess of a player and in a match of say, 3 or 5 you end of telling a story of the Rhen Wars. How the Mythical Creatures devoured the Warriors, or how the Spell-casters enchanted the Assailants into defeat. How the Warriors, killed all the Spell-casters; Or how the Assailants hunted the Mythical Creatures into extinction. The battle can go anyway and each one tells it's on story and is different from any other. I hope that when the audience plays my game they will find it enjoyable, and I hope to learn how people grasp to new ideas.