Senior Art, Quarter One Portfolio

In this class we had a lost of works of art that we had to create, but the subjects of these works were largely up to us. These pieces exhibit a variety of mediums and artistic styles. Creating this portfolio allowed me to step out of my artistic comfort zone. I did some work with pencil like I'm used to, but also worked with paint, charcoal and pastel. i also created things that i was used to creating, but not used to calling art, like my costume and jack-o-lantern.

Any opportunity I had, I included animals in my art work. When I draw independently, I usually draw animals. I feel focussing on drawn people limits myself to just one species. Their's something mysterious and unknown about animals that makes me want to capture them in art. I think my animal art reveals something about animals, more than just what they look like, but other aspects about them. I am proud of my pencil self portrait though, but that's because I have a lot of experience with pencil, and I've drawn myself kore than I've drawn any other person, so it is easier.