The other face of Reconstruction

My visual is mainly to show the trials of reconstruction during that time. It should have been all about equality, freedom, and the great changes that were promised to be brought; It did, but compared  to the amount of bad occurrences that broke out in the same time period, it was nothing. I wrote EQUALITY in a slightly scattered form and surrounded it with the drowning mass of cons that largely impacted the reconstruction era and caused the progress of equality to take that huge blow. Soon, you are unable to see and notice the word as it is nearly covered by larger, more eye-catching happenings, and soon the boring, hardly noticeable thing isn’t very interesting or meaningful. Equality may be more present in today’s society, but it still has not reached the peak of its true definition. Discrimination, Prejudice, violence and racism still stand today in all parts of the world, no matter what law or rule had been passed.

The thing that is very commonly misunderstood is that people can easily read something written by the government Ordering them to follow by the certain rules and regulations that may follow, but it does not mean that they will abide by these words. That’s exactly why--They are just words on a sheet of paper. Of course there is no avoiding the fact that in this time certain people are targeted and watched over more carefully than others by the government to make sure that they are following these rules as strictly as said, but the act can not last very long before we all go back to the way we were.

It is quite simple to do something someone tells you to do, but it is close to impossible for words on paper to change the way a person thinks and feels deep on the inside. Sadly the only way we will take something seriously is if there is a threat behind it. That is an example of a way we have repeated history in a sense: Allowing the bad to always, in the end, outweigh the good.

LINK TO RESEARCH & FLYER:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uMI9I8TVzbJtUdweUoNeVUVExzetPs0qXtpPvdWNs3E/edit

Tajnia Hussain (Student 2018)
Tajnia Hussain

I really like how your flyer is very eye catching with the different powerful words. It focuses on many words but I like how it centralizes to the word ¨equality.¨

Israh Mohammed (Student 2018)
Israh Mohammed

I really like how you grouped those words together and just the words you chose in general they were very powerful with an in depth meaning and were very relevant in the time of Reconstruction.

Kathryn Kopf (Student 2018)
Kathryn Kopf

I think that your visual is really nice. Having key words really big, help you understand the just of the topic without spending too much time. I think it would have been helpful to have a bit more info thoigh.