The Verdict: What Citizens Can Do In The Face Of The Law.

In my first Blog Post, I summarized the problems of complaint process against an officer when made by a civilian. Then in my Second Blog Post ,I interviewed a person who deals with these complaints on a daily.

For my Agent Of Change I have started a petition to show the Police Department that this is what the people of Philadelphia want. We want these investigations to available to the people both in law and legislation.

Kleki.png

my petition on Change.org. The hyperlink is down below

People are noticing and sharing this with their social groups. This will help people understand the issue and be vocal about it. I feel like I made a voice for myself and others that have been wronged by police brutality in the greater Philadelphia Area. I learned that even though Philadelphia hasn't had a law changing martyr case like Ferguson or Cleveland that these kinds of shootings do happen and that they are not uncommon.

I could've tried harder to reach out to more people and hear their opinions. I think this could have helped my project have more than one view. Having a more diverse view on the subject would help others understand it more. I still need supporters for my survey which you can sign here. Share it on social media and tell your friends and family to take it!

Screenshot 2015-05-30 at 1.46.18 PM.png

one comment made by a classmate under my petition.

The National Police Accountability Project, is a movement organized to fight for justice when police do not conduct themselves according to the laws. They do this through the legal system, using lawyers to help victims of police misconduct deal with their legal struggles.

This way of changing the situation is  mobilizing the people of Philadelphia and others affected by police misconduct to make legislative change in how we handle police affairs  and violence in minority groups of the greater Philadelphia area and other cities.

This project has helped me understand a great deal about Philadelphia and what my Dad 

does for his job. Until this project, I didn't fully understand how the city suffered because of

the way we handle police misconduct. Just because they didn't turn into national cases that the 

entire nation followed doesn't mean they don't happen. It helped me understand what my Dad 

(Kelvyn Anderson) is working for. He is working for the citizens of Philadelphia and their right 

to see justice served even if that justice is locking up one of the “good guys.” In the end I come 

away with a better understanding of Philadelphia.

Jamie Polson (Student 2018)
Jamie Polson

This is great but I think you could have reflected your agent of change a little more for instance the kind of question you asked, how many people participated that kind of thing.