Who Am I Online Reflection, Seng

1. In class, we watched a video about bullying. In this video there was a boy who suffers from bullying. His classmates abuse him both physically and mentally, not only at school but also online. Our classroom activity was to click an eye emoji which would help out the boy during moments where he could have been bullied. 
  2. This video brings up a topic that I have talked about at school which was about bystanders. Just like in the video, if we did not click on the eye emoji, we would basically be a bystander, either too scared to help, ignoring the person getting bullied because we are expecting someone else to help, or to simply see what happens next. Although, if we do click the eye emoji, we would be the person who actually helps, which not a lot of people do. 
  3. Online I appear as a hardworking person because I would see pictures and websites about the awards I won or the organizations that I volunteered for. 
  4. Based on my appearance online, people would probably think of me as a student who does their work and tries to help out.
  5. The goal of internet trolls is to lie and in all desperation, try to get a reaction from innocent people, either making them sad or angry. Internet trolls gain happiness from other people's pain.
  6. The positive results of online anonymity is that usually a person would be able to torment others or do whatever they want without getting caught. The negative results of online anonymity is that on the other hand, when someone is getting bullied online by a person with no identity, they would never find out who did it. This would be negative because they will not be able to figure out who the person that is causing them frustration is, which is even more frustrating.  
Screenshot 2015-11-10 at 3.13.42 PM
Screenshot 2015-11-10 at 3.13.42 PM