What is your universe obligation?
My universe obligation is built the way it is because throughout my whole life I was told to always put God first so that's what I do. Next would be family because family is very important to me and I would die for them if it's called for. I also stated that close friends are apart of my universe obligation. And last is animals because I love to help animals that have been abuse.
Written on May 1, 2013
History Entry: #39
I think violence is more powerful. Because I go by the line “no one listens until someone dies.” I don’t think anyone realizes how serious it is until death occurs. For example, it’s not easy to persuade somebody by just talking to someone and that sometimes you just want to point a gun to their head.
This is a link to my response to modern day sweatshop.
This is a link to my final thoughts on revolutions.
- sells value, roomace, sexuality
- tells us who we SHOULD be
- can ads really get inside our heads?
- everyone says they're not affected my Ads but they wear the Ads
- exposed to 15,000 Ads everyday
- less about the actual product and more about emotions and lifestyles
- goal is to make you feel unhappy with yourself & make you feel like you need the product
- sense of what beauty is
- force of persuasion
- turns ppl into objects
• Advertising is a system of education
• with ads comes truth and consequences
• "Can they really get inside my head?"
• Ads try to show who you are and should be
• It's about a whole set of different values
• People in America are overly exempt from Ads
• People who they are not affected by Ads are the ones wearing the Ads
• Ads become an environment
• Average American is exposed to over 1500 ads/day
• It's like breathing air, you don't notice it
• World, power and self understanding
Teaches us to be consumers, ha[iness can be bought they are instant solutions and products can fullfil our daily needs
• Indirectly & directly, they are intimately involved in our lives
• Everything is advertising
• Informing --> tool of socialization
• Less about products now, more about emotions and lifestyle
• Rests the fate of American dignity
• Goal is to make you feel unhappy so you need their product to be happy
• Make you become what you buy
• Reverse psychology
• Needs to grasp attention
• False idols
• Mainly white women being advertised
• Ads define beauty for us
• Sex sells
• To appeal someone on levels that they are unconscious
• No one who sees a commercial will ever forget
• We are their tests dummies or mindless monkeys
• Mythology of independance
• Seeing is believing
• Images are more powerful than words
• Symbols + Images have a force of persuasion that is undeniable
• Ads are an evolvement device
• Symbols = power of social and economics
• First step towards justifying violence towards someone is to treat them less than human, turns people into objects
• "I can be anything you want me to be"
• "What do you want out of life?"
• Not about manipulation or false unconsciousness, it's about getting into their dream life
• Can physically transform you
• Consumes culture
• Ads is the most powerful influence on our society ever
• Integrated communications
• It's a loop --> Ads advertise other advertisements
• One main message is consumption
• Premeditated waste
• We waste as much as a poor country of 100 billion people
• Unfortunately, that's life.