Lobbying Blog Post #3 Sick Leave Bill

The legislature I chose is not against the sick leave bill either is is mostly indifferent. he feels as though people who have a medical emergency or have been working for a company a long time should be consider to be payed on the days they have to take of to be sick, he feels it would not manke any sense for people to stay in the workplace if they are sick because then they will just make other people sick and then you would have many different people in the workplace calling out and then no one will be working. Democratic Gov. Dannel Malloy, this bill has been a bill that has been argued over and over again for many and many hours, 18-17 to be exact is what it keeps coming down to. He has promised to sign the bill. 

Malloy was born and raised in Stamford Connecticut and was not considered to be a very bright boy in his earlier years until he was diagnosed with dyslexia. he then learned the he was not stupid but would just have to learn differently then his classmates.  He went to college in Boston and earned a degree in law and he would later go to New york and become district attorney (1980-1984).  The people who are going to be effected by this outcome of the sick leave bill will ultimately be the people who work and come to work even when they are sick, there are many people working on this veto to get it all signed and everyone on the same page. 

When I first took on this issue to lobby I thought I could not inform people about it or make a difference but I think if you let people know how they can possibly be working without pay then I think people will pay more attention to the cause and make more of a big deal about the problem.

paid-sick-leave-congress
paid-sick-leave-congress