Turning Off the Translator Part 4

1. Who you spoke with and why you chose that partner:

- SharedTalk; Mariano
  2. What did you learn about them? What did you learn from them?

- From this conversation I learned that Mariano is a 20 year old guy who loves to play rugby and wants to improve his english. His english is moderately okay and although Rugby is dangerous he plays because he has a burning passion for it deep within. He wishes to have a career based in international trade and so between going to school for that and working he doesn't think he can go be a professional rugby player. I Also learned that he as a very good sense of humor. I respect to the entire conversation I feel like I've grown in my ability to keep conversations fluent. 
  3. /How did this interaction help you move towards achieving your personal goals?
  4. This conversation was helpful because it gave me more opportunity to have a conversation and work to keep the flow of it smooth. During the conversation Mariano corrected me on little errors which was helpful because it helped me to notice what I needed to work to improve on more. It also helped me see my common errors.
  5. What specifically did you do well according to your goals/expectations? What specifically to you need to improve on?

I think the thing I did well in this conversation was keeping it fluent. I estimated how the conversation would go, planned questions and comments ahead of time, and looked up all the words I thought that I would need ahead of time. My goal was to not have to use a translator and I accomplished that to best of my ability. My goal was also to not have a strick Q and A kind of flow but an actual conversation. It made me realize though that I need to work on not mixing up words and the way i arrange words.