#4 Communication

Recent News: The DREAM Act has recently passed the House but was put to on hold until possibly next week or maybe longer in the Senate because the fear of a filibuster held by GOP.

To help lobby for my legislation I am going to write a personalized letter to GOP explaining why the DREAM Act is important and why they should vote. GOP is the Republican National Committee with the chairman being Michael Steele. A personalized letter will truly show him how important the DREAM Act is from a student's perspective. 

Along with my personalized letter I would hope to get some of my friends involved with this topic as well and for them to write letters to GOP in order to persuade them more because many students are writing about a topic in a way related to them. Hopefully the letters will be mailed out before the next week. If I can’t get the letters mailed out my alternative would be phone call explaining instead.

I also plan to keep updated with the Senators who are not going to vote using the DREAM Act twitter. I will try get in contact with them, whether I am able to meet with some of them in person or send them letters. It might be a little bit difficult to convince most of their minds at this point in time but it never hurts to try!