Leukemia: They Lived!

Ribbon
Ribbon

25% of all kids who are diagnosed with cancer will die. That’s not a lie. It’s actually very far from it. I am interested in this topic because I have seen numerous amounts of people in my life battle this. Some reigned victories. Others didn't have the same fate. I saw it as a “necessity” in the world, rather than a “plague”. I didn't believe that cancer had meaning, even though it does. People are diagnosed with this life-threatening illness and I believed that they would have to live with it. I kept that mindset until my best friend perished from this illness. That’s finally when I realized that this is a dilemma that can’t be overlooked, and when I spotted the perfect opportunity, I would retaliate with all of the vigor I had within me. Cancer, more commonly distinguished as Leukemia with children, can be very life-changing. There are multiple ways that people are trying to thwart cancer from spreading throughout the world. But they don’t always have enough motivation and/or support to drive them through. It’s an illness that has yet to be terminated, and it is very difficult to avoid. Without a cure, that makes these patients’ chances slim.

Leukemia Charts
Leukemia Charts

Leukemia is NOT contagious, but it is still possible to obtain. That doesn't mean that you’re not automatically safe without any real recognition. Leukemia is a blood cancer that is diagnosed every 3 minutes. Leukemia is rapidly affecting adolescents between the ages of 6-16, and the rate of diagnosis is going along steadily. It can even appear in adults that follow different methods and/or practices. Some of those practices, for example, are radiation, atomic bomb explosions, radiation therapy, smoking, chemotherapy, down syndrome, and even family lineage. To provide hope, Leukemia is not incurable. There are indeed many different ways to slow down and eventually cease the rapid growth of leukemia, but this method is not always successful. Chemotherapy is also prevented, since it is also a cause for this cancer to appear and grow.

With this project, I am still wondering how it will end up. I want to enlighten people, diagnosed or not, with some kind of hope for the future. There are many people who are living as captives to this illness and there are no found cures for them to escape it. I will conduct as much research as possible and provide my information to those who need it the most. While conducting my research, I want to find out if there is some breaking research that could possibly cease Leukemia altogether. As we move towards more futuristic equipment and technology, some medication  that could uphold this task isn't too far away to save the estimated 156,420 people with this disease.

Annotated Bibliography: