Q3 Art Portfolio

Hello, my name is Mingxue Zheng. The following slide show will contain the artworks that I have done in the third quarter of my senior art class. 

As a “middle” I completed...

1.) Abstract Art piece 

2.) Self Portrait with Indian Ink 

3.) Value Assignment 

4.) Basic Shapes Assignment 

5.) Animal Sketch 

I found the assignments this quarter to be challenging, but nevertheless interesting. This is my first time sketching an abstract piece. I made an mask with two sides. Inside the mask, you could see spiderwebs, checkerboards, shirt collars, neckties, and etc. My favorite painting this quarter is the self portrait. Comparing to the self portrait I did in the first quarter, it is much better. Others could actually tell that it is me! 

The value and animal shape assignments are very useful practices to create the animal drawing. I learned how to create three dimensional objects by creating illusions with shadows and shadings. The animal sketch (lion) is the best animal sketch that I ever did.

I improved a lot compare to the first two quarters. I started to take more of my time perfecting my drawings and art starts to became one of my prized hobbies.