Q3 Artist Statement

If we’re still doing the whole real world lesson in quarter four this will be my final assignments for Senior year art. These assignments really pushed me outside of my comfort zone and I really enjoyed it. It actually made me think about making something that I wouldn’t normally do (adding real details, and using colors, using oil pastels) and something that’s not simple. I got so into the art I actually finished the main assignments early and did little ones on the side. . It was a really good chill, relax class where you could be open about who you are what type of artist you are. It was fun walking into class and just going straight to work not worrying about anything else. I’m going to miss senior art a lot, there’s never going to be a class like this and I'm always going to remember the memories I made in it.

My favorite assignments was the mosaic and all the water colors. One I love working with water colors, especially because they’re easy to blend with and make bolder better colors. You can use salt and cement and tape to make texture and clouds and it’s just fun to work with. The mosaic was a challenge because you had to cut smaller pieces to make your bigger piece. In the end it was worth the sticky fingers and the little paper cuts, my coffe cups came out real nice and it was really worth it. The hardest assignment had to be making a wire sculpture out of paper clips. It was the worst, I cut myself a couple of times and the little paper clips weren’t cutting it. It was a new experience for me and I learned and grew as a person from it. I made a crown out of the paper clips because it was girly enough like me and every princess needs a crown.

In the end I’m really proud of all the assignments I turned in the last three quarters and it was worth the time and energy I spent. Senior art has really taught me to be creative and think outside the box. I am really looking forward to the last quarter where Ms.Hull will be teaching us about the real world and what happens when you leave the comforts of high school. ‘Ve been waiting for lessons like this since the beginning, I think there should be mandatory classes in highschool that teach you how to pay bills and write checks, and be independent. Since we’re leaving for college soon it’s going to be a good learning experience for all of us.