Annotated Bibliography 2/15

1. Taylor, Daniel. "Teen Pregnanc'ys High Cost." Philly.com. N.p., 30 08 2012. Web. 13 Feb 2013. <http://articles.philly.com/2012-08-30/news/33477284_1_teen-mothers-teen-pregnancy-rate-teen-births>.

This is a magazine article written by Dr. Daniel Tosh, who is a pediatrician at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children. In this he is talking about how at his office he sees teen mothers all the time. And even though the teen pregnancy rate in the nation is down from previous years, that the United States is still number one for teenage mothers. And that in Philadelphia it is a major problem. He explains that teenage pregnancy is not good for the mothers or their children for many reasons. This connects to my project greatly because they both are saying exactly what the problem in Philadelphia with teenage pregnancy is, and why it is a problem.

2. Basch, Charles Journal of School Health; October 2011, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p614-618, 5p

This is an article that was written by Charles Basch. He wrote it for the Journal of School Health. In this he is talking statistically about teen pregnancy. Saying things like how a teenage girl is less likely to finish high school yet go on to college. And that for urban youth it is even worst. Also that maybe one of the only ways to prevent is to enforce programs that better educate urban youth on the topic. This is a source that is great for our project. I say this because this article sums up everything our project is trying to show to people. 

3. Weiss, Robin. "Teen Pregnancy." About.com. N.p., 01 11 2009. Web. 13 Feb 2013. <http://pregnancy.about.com/od/teenpregnancy/a/Teen-Pregnancy.htm>.

This is an article written by Robin Weiss, LCCE. She is  a childbirth and postpartum educator, certified doula, doula trainer, and lactation counselor. In this specific article she is explaining teen pregnancy.  Exactly what risk come along when a teenager has a baby and things of that nature. As well as also explaining the fact that even though there are so many risk that teenage girls are still capable of being suitable mothers. This article is very important to our project. Because it addresses the problem that we are researching as well as give reasons to why it is a "problem".

4. Haswell, Jasmine. Personal Interview. 13 02 2013.

This is an interview that was done with an 18 year old named Jasmine who is my friend. She herself is a teen mother. She is not living with her daughter because she has to finish trade school now. But because she had a child as a 16 year old, she had to stop going to school to become a mother. She is an expert in the area of teen motherhood, and would be very beneficial to the project.

5. Williams, Wanda. 14 02 2013. 02 . Print.

This interview was with my Aunt Wanda. She had two kids as a teenager and still went to college and graduated from there. And a couple of her children had children of their own when they were teenagers. She is an expert because she herself experienced being a teen parent, as well as how the cycle that statistics show that have to do with teen pregnancy are right in some cases. It is because of this that she would be good for our project.