Corruption in the Government System

The PATRIOT act completely vandalizes the U.S citizens right for freedom. I understand the importance of keeping American citizens safe from outside threats and also domestic threats but does that require invading their privacy. The one thing that America holds above many other countries is the ability to have privacy. Although I have not seen actual proof of the government abusing their power with this act, it can easily be guessed that corruption in the government is according. With this act, the government has gained a large amount of power which they should not have a hold on. Sure this may be an overreaction but I believe no one should have too much power over a person especially since power can consume and corrupt easily.

Now that Osama Bin Laden has been killed and the multiple wars and quickly coming to an end, I feel as though the PATRIOT act is not really needed.  It has certainly served it's purpose as the key to protecting this country but now that the immediate threat is gone it's time to back off a bit. Americans need to feel the comfort of their former rights and what life was like before 9/11. Of couse certain security rules must stay in place since 9/11 did show the holes in our security but  things such as the PATRIOT act are not longer needed.