Cruz-Macbeth BM

In my creative project I choose to draw theatrical masks and the emotions of Macbeth. Both mask and facial expression expresses Macbeth from the beginning of the play until the very end. The first drawing, which is representing Act 1, show cases a mask of joy and a sketch of a smiling Macbeth. He has war paint on his face, which represents his noble soldier state. The quote that is written on the top of the page shows Macbeth’s determination as a solider and how he is determined to get his power. As the story continues the expression changes into a more apathetic feel because Macbeth’s situation has become more serious and he faces conflict, which doesn’t make him happy at all. The quote mentions him picturing a dagger in front of him and at that point Macbeth knows that he must go on with the deed.  On to the next act you move on to see a mask with worry accompanied by a frowning Macbeth. These expressions represents the uneasy Macbeth during act 3, following along with the faces is the quote about Macbeth baring a fruitless crown this goes along with the worry the faces express. Moving onto act 4 the emotion of the drawing changes drastically from the worried Macbeth to the very angry and aggressive Macbeth, which is portrayed through the faces. Lastly, is the face of distress and broken. The face represents the lose of Macbeth’s power the drawing also shows Macbeth’s head cut from his body the last and final stage of Macbeth. The quote fits well because the quote means that Macbeth would fight to the death even though he knows the odds are against him. As he dies, all his power leaves him.

Photo on 3-26-12 at 8.45 AM
Photo on 3-26-12 at 8.45 AM
Photo on 3-26-12 at 8.46 AM #2
Photo on 3-26-12 at 8.46 AM #2
Photo on 3-26-12 at 8.47 AM
Photo on 3-26-12 at 8.47 AM
Photo on 3-26-12 at 9.12 AM
Photo on 3-26-12 at 9.12 AM
Photo on 3-26-12 at 8.47 AM #4
Photo on 3-26-12 at 8.47 AM #4

Kristi Bezhani (Student 2014)
Kristi Bezhani

The simplicity in which this was displayed… combined with the complexity of the symbolic portrayal it makes this so much fun and brilliant to look at…!!! pretty wicked!