Descriptive Essay- Learning Lessons

Final Descriptive Essay

It was 3 years ago. The middle of summer in July. My family had took a trip to Virginia where we will spend our first day at Kings Dominion. After about 3 hours inside the park, we decided that it was time to check into the hotel where we will be staying at for the 4 remaining days. On the second day we decided to head down to the indoor pool after breakfast, after waiting at least an hour. Surprisingly no one was there. The long rectangle said four feet at both ends of the pool and then in the middle was the number 5, indicating that the pool was five feet deep in that particular section. The only people in the water were me, my sister, and both of my cousins. Everyone else was sitting in chairs at one end of the pool, talking. My sister gets out of the water because she begins to have problems with her ears, due to the water. When my mom is done treating her ear problem, my sister approaches the water, but doesn’t get in. She begins to run around the edge. “Girl! you better stop running before you fall in.’ My mother shouts. “I won’t.” My sister replies. While my sister was disregarding her warning, she slips and plummets into the water. She began splashing around and instantly panics. She resembled a fish out of water except she was in the water. My mom then gets up slowly, walks over to where she was “drowning,” lifts her out of the water and brings her to the chair that she was sitting in. Everyone begins laughing. My sister never realized that she was never drowning. Water had splash in her face when she fell in, which made her think that she was drowning. She was about 4’8 at the time and she was standing up in the part that was only four feet. She didn’t know that she wasn’t drowning. The water splashed in her face. The part that made it funny was at one point she actually squatted under the water, got up, and walked around with her arms in the air. I would have helped her but I thought she was faking.

School had just let out. Me and my sister were getting off the bus on a sunny afternoon about a week into spring. Our red summer uniform shirts shimmered on and off as we pass the shady areas that the trees long arms were providing. As we began to get closer to our house with my key in my hand I suddenly stop. My hand acting as a hand brake as I put in the middle of my sister’s chest. “Don’t move.” I whisper. A beast appears with a stick in its mouth, piercing yellow eyes and a black coat on. The stick drops from its mouth and at that very moment my sister takes off running down the street. The beast runs past me and heads after my sister. Down the street my sister runs, arms looking like noodles as she flails them in the air waving them back and forth while her back juggles her pink book bag and everything inside. I didn’t know what to do, I  just stood there frozen as if spring rewinded back to winter. The animal then turns off and runs away, as if someone had called it. My sister then turns the corner still running, eyes ahead and arms still in the air, not knowing that the animal had forgotten about her. I run after her screaming her name. “Simone!” When I finally catch up to her and calm her down, I am greeted with screams and punches. “Where did you go?” she yells. “I told you not to move.” I responded. “Do you really think I’m going to stand there with that dog in front of us?” She replies. I nod in agreement. “Well come on, we still need to get into the house.” I said hoping my sister’s bravery would grow. As were walking back up the street my sister picks up a stick. “This is for that dog. If we see it again, I’ll throw it and say fetch, ok.” She says with a stern look on her face. Luckily the angry beast never showed its face to me or my sister again.

Listening always pays off in some way, shape, or form. You should always listen, especially to our parents, for the smallest of things because eventually listening pays off. Listening can help prevent you from being chased by a dog, or  “drowning” in a pool.