Drive

Drive is a movie i've never heard of until it was brought up in my Digital Video Class. When I saw the trailer I thought to myself, "Oh it's gonna be like fast and the furious mixed with the god father." that was my initial assumption based on the trailer for the movie; which is why most of you I assume came to read this article. The movie is spectacular in almost every aspect. The film included things I feel could relate to all of the viewers, it was a very fast paced movie that kept me at the edge of my seat.

Within the movie Goslings' character, tended to keep to himself. As the movie progresses he begins to develop emotions for a woman, who is currently married due to her husband being in Jail. Despite that she continues to develop the relationship between he and Golsing they're relationship is what drives the film forward without Irene the movie would be completely different. The director of this movie has a very unique way in making the relationship between characters stand out; whenever two characters within the movie in general the author takes into account the type of views each character has of each other he uses, angles, lighting, and the music to his advantage.   

As I watched the movie the Style of the movie gave you could say turned me on towards the movie. It was very retro style but it used it in all of the right ways no part of the movie was bad or unoriginal. Without a doubt as you watch may things will get you hooked but to me the thing that will have the largest effect on you is the musical note pad for each individual person. 

When it comes to the movie aside from being very retro its very dark. The colors always kept to a certain type of font along with a general lighting that was very well done. Like in the scene where the drivers boss arm gets slit. At that very moment it seems as if time slows down to the point where he could stop it but the lighting and the music end up making it unreturn able.

Overall Drive is a good move; one man, one car, one girl, and one life. This movie also consist of a very good back story to all the characters and is unraveled to the viewer as the movie progresses which allows it to make more sense.