Henninger Conversation, Post 2

In this conversation I tried to sound natural and keep the flow of a normal conversation going.  

•  What will be your topic of conversation be? 

I wanted to try to have a natural conversation and get to know my conversation partner. 

•  What are 5 questions related to your conversation goal that you can think of ahead of time to ask your partner?

- What do you like to do?

- What do you like to learn about?

- Where are you from?

- What do you want to do when you're older?

- What brought you to sharedtalk?

•  What are you looking forward to about this conversation? 

I think it will be great to get to know someone in a completely different place than me. I want to know exactly how different or similar we are. 

•  What are you nervous about? 

I hope I can keep the conversation moving without using a translator. 

Afterwards:
What did you learn about your partner?  

I learned a lot about my partner in this conversation. We had a very good conversation that progressed as one would between two native speakers of any language. I discovered that my partner Rafael(19, Brazil), very much enjoys learning other languages and has a great love for China. He's also part polish and likes learning about astrology. 

What did you learn from them?

Honestly, I didn't gain much from this conversation except morale. Before this I'd had many dud conversations but this was uplifting. I didn't learn much because he chose to write in english, while I wrote in spanish. In the end, it worked out because I could tell if he understood what I was writing by his responses and it was much easier to do in english. 

What did you learn about yourself?

I learned that in trying to be quick and consistent in my responses, I let some spelling and grammar mistakes get through. I was worried about responding quickly, because with other people when I'd take too long trying to make sure everything was correct, they would disconnect. 

What were you surprised about?

I was surprised he knew so many languages. Rafael knew english, spanish, portuguese, and chinese. 

What are you proud of?

I was proud that he seemed to have no trouble understanding what I was writing. He never mentioned any mistakes which made me happy. 

What follow-up questions do you have?

I just would have liked to know specifically where my spelling, grammar, or usage could have improved in our conversation. 

What will you improve on for next time?  How?

I will think about the context of things before I write them so I use the correct tense of words and such. I'll carefully read and take a moment to fully comprehend what I'm reading so I can answer accurately.